Sunday 6 December 2015

Daily December :: the 6th

Hello Lovelies,
yesterday we had grey skies all day, then at sunset I noticed a little break in the clouds and dashed up the road to get a glimpse of the wintry sunset.........

 So beautiful

It's been windy all weekend, wanting a walk this morning we headed to the country park. It's quiet open and the trees are mostly small....it felt like a safe option in such wild weather.....


There was shelter from the wind in places.........


And there's always something to see.........


We even found a little corner we had not explored before........


It's such a well maintained place. I love to see a little hedge laying..........


There were no flowers, but I did like the dried seed heads.........





And there was some unexpected colour.........


The Santa runners passed us looking rather hot in their suits....How different this mild weather is to when we did the run...HERE...gosh and that was November!

This swan bench has featured in my photos before....it's very photogenic don't you think?...


I love the tall grasses by the waters edge too.........


Keep going Santas. Only another three laps to go :0).....


Continuing with the festive feeling, eldest got the tree out of the loft ( with much nagging from me, standing at the bottom of the ladder, reminding him  to be careful) and we built it together.

 I left youngest and him decorating it while I popped out with my Mum in law and Sister in law to a rather lovely carol service. I came home happily humming THIS tune and smiled at the sight of our twinkly tree.........


Yes, I was blessed with a very happy Sunday.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my walking post. They always make me smile too.
Jacquie x

7 comments:

  1. Lovely photo's and I did love seeing those ducks and the running santa's xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely wintry walk. I like the willow weaving, especially. Your tree looks wonderfully twinkly and cosy - your boys did a good job!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! Eu coloquei uma foto sua na minha página do Facebook mas mencionei o nome do seu blog. Caso não esteja de acordo por favor diga que eu retiro. Gosto imenso das suas fotos são maravilhosas. Os meus parabéns. Kiss from Maria Capinha Nunes

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely walk, and you're right, it's so mild at the moment. I like to see hedge laying as well, it's quite an art and it's good that people are continuing to practise it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fabulous place for a walk! Love seeing the swan bench and the hedge laying, it's like a giant organic basket weave. lol The tree is lovely, so much more fun with many hands.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always lovely views from your Land!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.