Thursday 18 July 2013

Delivering the Mail

Hello Lovelies, 
when the weather is perfect, like it is at the moment, I would love to be a post woman. Pottering around on my bike delivering the mail. But I know I would not be able to cope with the freezing conditions this job entails in the winter. 
I'm definitely a fair weather cyclist , I'm happiest cycling in a skirt or summer dress and  I love the cooling breeze created as you travel along . When it's really hot I stick to short , flat rides that don't make you sweat.

This morning I hopped on my bike to take a parcel to the post office.
I wasn't in a hurry so I stopped at the gap in the hedge.........


 And, avoiding the nettles and thorny hedge, gazed at the summer landscape for a moment or two........

 Wonderful.

I zoomed in on the distance ( because I could :0)  )............


And noticed the grasses are looking really dry now.........


I looked up when I heard a helicopter overhead and noticed the cloudless sky was a perfect shade of blue.....

 The same colour as my bike.

I chatted with a gentleman who was busy watering his allotment ..........


 Further along I loved cycling through the dappled shade.........


What was I delivering to the post office ?

My Yarndale bunting of course :0)

You can read about it in THIS post.




You can see what other lovelies have come up with HERE

How about you , have you made any yet ? if so have you already sent it off ?

Lucy has extended the deadline for these super happy, easy triangles till the end of August so there is still plenty of time to join in the fun. I think they would make a great holiday project .
The address to send them to is HERE 
And in case this is all a mystery to you ( but I'm fairly sure it's wont be ) Lucy's original post is HERE.
Jacquie x

18 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous day for a bike ride. I'd love to be a postie - in any weather - but there's only one round I'd want to do, the round around where I grew up, as it's stunning throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent my triangles for the Yarndale bunting just 2 days ago!!!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always take amazing pix.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my I still need to send mine off so excited ... are you going to yarndale? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice. I wish I could bike to the post office but the road is very busy between me and the PO. My bike is almost the same color as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely, I love a little countryside cycle Jacquie, I keep planning to make my triangles then forget and get distracted with another project! Xxx Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh what a lovely bike ride! Coveting your bike too-lovely colour mine is a boring black,am planning a few crochet flowers for the basket. Great blog, Catx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect ride on a summer's day. I can't believe the sky is so blue! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did enjoy that bike ride, thank you Jacquie! Beautiful pics once again - it must be hard to believe this weather you are still having! Wonderful sky!
    Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your views along the way of your bike ride have sent lots of pleasure across the pond to a very steamy hot and humid NYC. No day for bike riding here...although I am sure some did pedal.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi friend I love your blog always has nice things here, hugs ...

    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://vitrine.elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful bike and lovely views on your postman's journey!
    I too am a very fair weather cyclist!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful pictures, they always brighten up my day! Thankyou for reminding me, I have some YarnDale triangles for Lucy and I'd completely forgotten about them! D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jacquie love your bike, am working on my bunting now, yours are just lovely. Really enjoyed your post Jacquie. Have a wonderful weekend
    Lots of love
    Dorothy
    :-)xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bike! and what a perfect excuse to go out on it. I'm going to make a few more triangles before I send mine off - just need to get a blanket finished first!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Jones x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really really like the place you live!It's so beautiful and seems very peaceful.
    Greetings from Italy.
    Tajana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving that bike!!! What beautiful photos. With the extended time I might try and work up s few. Better a couple than nothing right?! Yours looking lovely. Happy weekend jacqui xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola me encanta todo lo que haces. yo queria darte las gracias por compartir y explicarnos las cosas me encata el blog, un abrazo desde cadiz ESPAÑA

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear from you , thank you for taking the time to leave a message.